Friday, March 20, 2009

Well. Every day can be a day of ranting. But I feel particularly ranting-provoked today. It concerns a certain antagonism with a certain Person Too Irksome To Address (P2I2A). In any academic inhabitant, one expects every single Person to be civil and considerate. I find my capacity to do either is sucked dry everytime I'm face to face with P2I2A. I snort in class during lectures whenever I glance at this Person and see her tilting her neck to one side until it seems at the point of breaking, with a smile stretching ever so far. I'm sure it must be a wonderful exercise to the muscles, but I'm concerned. I snort whenever I spot her standing on the corridor, charitably re-rendering past lectures to a few rather unfortunate souls. Lately, I have acquired the ability to snort silently. And I do this whenever I see this Person, because it reminds me of all her previous actions that have made me snort before. Should she, should she ever try anything funny, I will handle her with the power of Speech. It's regrettable that anyone should receive my snorts. But really, in the words of that wonderful Frenchman, I can sincerely ' fart in (her) general direction '.

No comments: